Bank Account Mis-Selling
If you pay or have paid a monthly fee for a packaged bank account you may be able to reclaim the fees you have paid which could run into £1000’s depending upon how long you have held the account.
These accounts could have benefits which may not be suitable for you. One of the benefits could be insurance. Banks have a responsibility to ensure that insurance was right for you at the point they sold it. If the insurance was not suitable for you due to you being too old then you can reclaim the fees.
Other areas of mis-selling could be:
- You were told you had to open a packaged account to obtain a mortgage or overdraft.
- The product and benefits weren’t fully explained to you.
- You weren’t told the full cost.
- You weren’t told of a price rise.
- You tried to cancel it but were forced to keep it.
- A pushy salesperson didn’t mention that you needed to register your car/phone.
- You were told having one would improve your credit score.
In addition to reclaiming your fees we can also apply to the bank for interest on the amount which has been taken from you.
You have nothing to lose so contact Mike Potts and he will endeavour to recover these fees on your behalf.